1335 Addison Ave E,
Twin Falls, ID 83301
8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Burger Stop has been locally and family owned for over 35 years. We have been honored to win awards from multiple media outlets including Sunset Magazine, The Times-News, and KMTV. We are known for both our quality and quantity, because why choose one or the other? With real beef patties and portions that are sure to satisfy the hungriest human, we strive to make sure our customers leave happy and full!
The year was 1955. A young Greek boy named Art Limberakis hopped on a ship and headed towards Ellis Island. With $20.00 in his pocket he made it from New York to Utah where he met up with his brother to work in the coal mines. After one day of that he realized that was not the job for him! He began working at the original Harmon’s Kentucky Fried Chicken in Salt Lake City.
After a few years of that he decided to move to the warm California Sunshine in 1960. He began working 3 jobs; he did construction during the day, worked at a bakery during the graveyard shift, and picked up swing shifts at a local restaurant, Chris Douglas Burgers. It was that same year that he met and married his wife, Nancy.
In 1961 they had their first child, Chris. Then just 14 months later they welcomed their daughter, Tina.
In 1964 Art decided that he was sick of working 3 jobs to support his family and thought he could make decent money in the restaurant business. He quit construction and the bakery and started working open to close at the restaurant. Nancy was notably freaking out because he had quit his two highest paying jobs to work as a cook at a burger place! But after one year of learning everything he could about the business, he opened up his first restaurant. It was called Omega Burgers and it was located in Long Beach, CA.
Over the next 12 years he opened up 10 more restaurants around California. But in 1977 he sold them all to move to Idaho where Nancy’s family was from. He planned to find a nice place and open up one more restaurant that would be his retirement shop. So in 1979 the place you all know and love opened its doors, Burger Stop.
It originally only sat 72 people and after a few years he knew it needed to be bigger so he expanded the building to add 50 more seats in 1992. This is something many folks in the area still remember. In 1996 Art sold the Burger Stop to his son Chris and opened up an Omega Burger in Jerome for his daughter Tina. With both kids set, he planned to retire. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1997 before he could truly enjoy his retirement with Nancy.
None the less, Chris continues to carry on his father’s legacy and the burger we all know and love lives on.